Boards, Commissions and Committees
Solid Waste Independent Hearing Officer
||Solid Waste Independent Hearing Officer
| Enabling Legislation
|| BAI #6, March 10, 1992 & BAI #55, August 11, 2015
||• Four years
• May serve up to two consecutive terms (8 years)
||per diem and necessary expenses while conducting the hearing
A) To attend all scheduled hearings and meetings;
B) To comply with the requirements of the provisions of the Brown Act in all the hearings;
C) To render decisions based on the evidence presented to them and make an informed decision based on their evaluation;
D) The Officer shall preside over the hearings and meetings;
E) The Officer shall ensure that hearings and meetings proceed according to protocol and in accordance with applicable laws;
F) The Officer shall control the calendar, but may delegate this responsibility to the Secretary of the Hearing Officer;
G) The Officer shall assign tasks;
H) The Officer shall sign correspondence.
• Be a least 25 years of age
• Be a citizen of the United States of America
• Have an excellent command and understanding of the English language
• Possess a four-year college degree or an equivalent number of years of work experience involving independent decision making, and the review and analysis of written documents.
• Demonstrated abilities related to solid waste management.
|AB 1234 Ethics Training
||Pursuant to Government Code Section 53235, if any local agency provides any type of compensation, salary, or stipend to a member of a legislative body or provides reimbursement for actual and necessary expenses incurred by a member of a legislative body in the performance of official duties, then all agency officials shall receive training in ethics.
|Oath of Office
|Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700)
Public Health, Environmental Health Division
1221 Fulton Street
Fresno, CA 93775
Fowler, Frank C.